Thursday, June 24, 2010

An Evening With Jane Russell

Last night I attended the Hollywood Heritage event, "An Evening With Jane Russell", at the Lasky-DeMille Barn in Hollywood. The barn was built in 1913 and used as Hollywood's first movie studio.
The barn was moved to its present location across from the Hollywood Bowl.

Before the program they had a raffle and I won! I received this wood shingle from the barn signed by actresses June Havoc, Carroll Baker, and Marsha Hunt.
Studio shots of actresses Havoc, Baker, and Hunt.
Here's the evening's guest, actress Jane Russell.
Born in 1921, she's probably best remembered for her role in 1953's "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", where she costarred with Marilyn Monroe.


The two put their hand prints in cement together at Graumen's Chinese Theater. It's still there today.
Afterwards Ms. Russell signed her book, took photos with fans, and had Birthday cake.


That's it for this post!

4 comments:

jriggity said...

Its so amazing to look how age works on these folks

jriggity

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin, Jeff and I tried to get in but, by the time we could get out of DW they turned us away, all sold out. Looks like it was a great time. And I'm not surprised one bit that you won the raffle. Next time dude.

Darren

Kevin MacLean said...

Hey Darren,

Yeah, I was waiting in line and saw you guys being turned away. :( I think they could have let more people in, but it's the fire code rules I guess.

Ofelia said...

WOW! She still is beautiful. I saw a bunch of her movies with my folks. My dad had a crush on her! :) How cool that you won that raffle!